[ptx] My First Panorama

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Thu Dec 11 21:15:45 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Mark Wuest wrote:

> Well, it ain't in the league of the others I've seen, but I made my first hugin panorama:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~markwuest/PanoramaTest.html
>
> There's a cable at the bottom that didn't quite line up. I'm assuming a couple of more control points would do the trick.

Nice pic anyway :)

> I'm pretty new to digital imaging in general, so you may need to excuse
> this if it's in a totally different direction than you're headed, but...
> Is there any interest in converting the .pto file format to xml? It would
> create another dependancy (on an xml library such as libxml)...

Jep, thats one of the reasons why I haven't come around to do it.

> If there's any other area a Pretty Good C++ Hack with no image processing
> experience could contribute, I'm willing...

I was thinking about that, because we're now in a state were we need to add
additional stuff to the pano tools file format. But I don't have any time
left for development right now, so I won't work on that for quite a while.
would also be helpful for a future lens database..

As you might see from the code, the ancient qt version was actually using an
xml based project fileformat.