[ptx] vigra .src.rpm and fftw

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Dec 6 18:12:27 GMT 2003

I'm aware that the new hugin stitcher (nona) doesn't need the fftw
component of vigra, but Bruno's current posted .src.rpm and .rpm assume
that you've got fftw also installed.

(1) Can we document the nona/vigra/fftw issues a little more on the
website?  Will we go the course of abandoning panotools in favor of nona
and internal transformation code, eventually?

(2) Could Bruno please be so kind as to add an appropriate clean fftw
.src.rpm and .rpm to his very helpful collection of downloads?  It's
pretty predictable that hugin would be the first tool many users would
want which requires (at least appears to require) the fftw.

(3) If one wanted to use the vigra rpm, but not fftw (oddly), how would
someone go through the installation?   My naive try at (rpmbuild
--rebuild vigra*.src.rpm --without-fftw) wasn't the ticket.

--
[ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ]