About libpano

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 10:46:16 +0100

On Fri 03-May-2002 at 09:50:25AM +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> Hm, no, at least the colour correction seems to be in libpano
> (adjust.c).

I should have looked.

> The colour adjustment is a very tricky thing, especially if you are
> using (relatively) small-angle lenses: I have an 28mm equivalent,
> which means I have to take in the order of 40 images for a full pano.
> Doing colour correction by hand then is an awful work...

It is, I have an even narrower lens.

Actually, the colour correction does have a problem with lots of images
in a row.

Say I shoot a single row 360 degree panorama with 12 shots.  It adjusts
nicely from the anchor image to the next, to the next etc..  The problem
is it accumulates errors, so the last seam is very wrong.  It's only
really usable for partial panoramas (at least with my camera).

--
Bruno