About libpano

Bruno Postle bruno@postle.net
Fri, 3 May 2002 09:23:15 +0100

On Thu 02-May-2002 at 03:34:48PM -0700, Ianiv Schweber wrote:

> I just looked at the code for libpano and it looks like we could
> forget about PTStitcher, PTOptimizer and the ugly PT scripts and just
> use libpano directly to create the previews and the final panorama.
> No more helper apps. The only requirement will be having libpano
> installed.

I noticed that ptgui doesn't use ptoptimizer at all, so that is
definitely possible (it still takes the optimizer script as input
though).

Just looking at the file sizes, ptoptimizer is just an executable
wrapper, but ptstitcher is a bit larger - Maybe it includes the
colour-correction/feather stuff?

If the price of having a 100% source-available package is that the
output is a simple multi-layer gimp image (that needs manual adjustment
for feathering and colour), then I think that's ok.

Actually, there are things about the existing feathering/stitching that
could be much improved anyway.

--
Bruno