[ptx] x64 benchmarks

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Jan 19 19:37:51 GMT 2006

On Thu 19-Jan-2006 at 18:31 +0100, Marek Januszewski wrote:

> > As an aside, my amd64 server is horribly unstable with kernel
> > oops'es every few days - Not very impressive so far.
>
> I've had an opposite experience with my slackware workstation (slamd64)
> What system are you running?

CentOS-4.2, basically redhat enterprise linux 4.

Bizarrely it isn't related to load, I have had a script using 1.5GB
RAM and 99% cpu for the last ten hours without problems.

(On topic, the script slices equirectangular panoramas into segments
for printing and assembly into spheres:
http://search.cpan.org/src/BPOSTLE/Image-RGBA-0.04/examples/ )

I'm about to swap the server for my 32bit desktop which is a pain as
it means two re-installations.

--
Bruno