[ptx] PTmender version 0.3 "The mask"

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 16 00:46:15 GMT 2006

A new version of PTmender is already in CVS.

The changes are mainly support for Photoshop PSD format, including
the creation of layer masks.

There are two caveats, however: I have not implemented 16bit support
in masks yet, and there is no feathering support either.

In my opinion, PTmender is ready for real use.

I will probably take a break from development for a while. I need to
get back to take photos, after all :)

My plans for PTmender are:

In the short while, and in this order:

* Add support for flat output, including JPG (1 single layer)
* Add support for 16 bit creation of masks.
* Add feathering support.

In the longer term:

* Add support for 16 bit colour-brightness correction.

Also, PTmender hasn't been tested in correction of intensity only,
nor in correction of colours only (b and d options). It has only been
tested in the k option. Use at your own risk.

And there are some parts of PTmender that I don't care to implement:

* Support for VRML, PICT, QTVR, IVR
* Support for other-than-rectilinear lenses

--
Daniel M. German                  "As De Gaulle used to say:
                                   'Aim well, shoot fast