[ptx] [Fwd: Re: panoramic pictures color adjustments]

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Sun Jan 8 12:54:24 GMT 2006

 >> I am a poor website publisher. Maybe you could publish it in the hugin
 >> package, if the quality is good enough for hugin.

 Pablo> I'll just add it in the tools directory. Actually your program could also be
 Pablo> integrated into enblend quite easily, I think. Enblend checks the overlap
 Pablo> (the histogram calculation could be added there), and the correction step
 Pablo> could be applied after that.

The code to compute the histograms in TIFFs is in PTmender (not in CVS
yet, but soon).

Again, I really think we should strive for modularity. Why don't we
think in terms of Unix utilities: small programs, doing something
well, and replaceable?

I suggest we do colour-correction in a sequence of TIFF files, and
generate a bunch of TIFF files as output (or maybe PSDs). That way we
can replace the algorithm/program as desired to see which one performs
better.

If we put it inside nona or enblend then we risk creating a huge,
monolithic monster. In the same line, I would favor vignetting
correction as a stand alone program too. Sometimes people just want
that (same idea as in PTlens).

--
Daniel M. German                  "Don't try to be like Jackie.
                                   There is only one Jackie...