[ptx] Display gamma

Brian brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 09:13:47 GMT 2006

Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Mon 02-Jan-2006 at 10:33 +0100, pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de
> wrote:
>

>> Gamma correction prior to the remapping. This is similar to the gamma
>> value supported by PTStitcher.
>

> When stitching some 16bit images derived from RAW photos, I had real
> trouble picking control points because the images appeared so dark.
> Hugin could use a gamma-slider purely for GUI display purposes, this
> would be independent of anything that happened within the stitching
> engine.

Bruno, that sounds like a good idea! When taking pictures for a
panorama, I tend to expose for the sky, making the foreground dark. I do
find it difficult to pick control points at times because the foreground
is dark compared to the sky.

But a gamma-slider for the gui would solve the problem.

--
Brian