[ptx] error compiling hugin on x86_64 (fedora fc4)

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Feb 10 00:08:16 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 February 2006 03:39 pm, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> Bruno Postle schrieb:
> > I'm trying to build hugin on x86_64.  Everything compiles, but I get
> > this error at the linking stage:
> >
> > ../../src/include/vigra_ext/ImageTransforms.h:523: undefined reference
> > to `boost::thread_group::thread_group()'
> >
> > ..any ideas?  The boost headers are in place, in particular this file is
> > fine:
> >
> >  /usr/include/boost/thread/thread.hpp
>
> Post 0.5 sources depend on the boost-thread library, which is a real
> library, not just a collection of headers. The configure script should
> (hopefully) check for the boost thread library. (I've modified the M4 macro
> of doug, but maybe I have done something wrong..)
>
> Have you done a ./bootstrap since hugin 0.5?
>
> The configure script should report something like:
>
> [...]
> checking for boost... yes
> checking boost/thread/thread.hpp usability... yes
> checking boost/thread/thread.hpp presence... yes
> checking for boost/thread/thread.hpp... yes
> checking for boost thread library... yes
> checking for boost_thread library variant presence...
> /usr/lib/libboost_thread.so
> [...]
>   BOOST_VERSION    = 1.31
>   BOOST_CFLAGS     =
>   BOOST_LIBS       =
>   BOOST_THREAD_LIB = -lboost_thread
>

> The reported boost version is not correct, there seems to be some problems
> with the configure script in that area, but it doesn't affect the build.
>
> ciao
>   Pablo

During the configure I am getting this:

checking boost version... 1.31
checking Boost headers files presence... /usr/include
checking Boost libraries presence... /usr/lib
checking for boost... yes
checking boost/thread/thread.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/thread/thread.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/thread/thread.hpp... yes
checking for boost thread library... yes
checking for boost_thread library variant presence... no
  BOOST_VERSION    = 1.31
  BOOST_CFLAGS     =
  BOOST_LIBS       =
  BOOST_THREAD_LIB =