[ptx] error compiling hugin on x86_64 (fedora fc4)

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Feb 9 23:39:59 GMT 2006

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Postle schrieb:
> I'm trying to build hugin on x86_64.  Everything compiles, but I get
> this error at the linking stage:
>
> ../../src/include/vigra_ext/ImageTransforms.h:523: undefined reference
> to `boost::thread_group::thread_group()'
>
> ..any ideas?  The boost headers are in place, in particular this file is
> fine:
>
>  /usr/include/boost/thread/thread.hpp

Post 0.5 sources depend on the boost-thread library, which is a real
library, not just a collection of headers. The configure script should
(hopefully) check for the boost thread library. (I've modified the M4 macro
of doug, but maybe I have done something wrong..)

Have you done a ./bootstrap since hugin 0.5?

The configure script should report something like:

[...]
checking for boost... yes
checking boost/thread/thread.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/thread/thread.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/thread/thread.hpp... yes
checking for boost thread library... yes
checking for boost_thread library variant presence...
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so
[...]
  BOOST_VERSION    = 1.31
  BOOST_CFLAGS     =
  BOOST_LIBS       =
  BOOST_THREAD_LIB = -lboost_thread

The reported boost version is not correct, there seems to be some problems
with the configure script in that area, but it doesn't affect the build.