[ptx] perspective correction

Bernard Lang bearin at datcha.net
Thu Aug 17 01:24:59 BST 2006

* Pablo d'Angelo <pablo.dangelo at web.de>, le 16-08-06, a écrit:
> Bernard Lang wrote
> > * Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net>, le 16-08-06, a écrit:

> >> So your project file works for me, you haven't done anything wrong.
> >>
> >> What version of libpano12 and hugin are you using?
> >
> > 2.7.0.10
> > Copyright
> >  1999, 2000, 2001 Helmut Dersch
> > Fastest
> > 2.7.0.10 , Copyright (c) 1998-2001, H. Dersch, der at fh-furtwangen.de
>
> Please update your panotools version, if I remember correctly, the optimizer
> of 2.7.0.10 was broken. I recommend using libpano 2.8.4.

Thanks

I installed libpano 2.8.0
from the site of Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin
since that is the version he proposes with Hugin for Mandriva.
(I had also reinstalled Hugin from his site).

Does not work any better

(and EXIF information on portrait/landscape orientation is still being
ignored when a picture is loaded into Hugin)

I will try an even more recent version of libpano (2.8.4), but I
suspect this one (2.8.0) had been checked by Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin,
before he put it on his site as a Mandriva package.

The anomaly must be somewhere else ... may be a step I did not do
... though I read and reread the tutorial, and I do not see what could
be missing.

Bernard Lang

Bernard.Lang at inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX