[ptx] HuginOSX & TIFF Layered Output

Daniel M. German dmgerman at uvic.ca
Sat Aug 12 00:51:01 BST 2006

I agree with Ippei that PTmender (the replacement for PTstitcher) is
rougth at the edges, and it is not a complete substitute for
PTstitcher. But I have been using it for some time to create
panoramas.

Also panotools contains a program called PTblender that can output PSD
from TIFFs with masks. You don't need hugin to run it (it is command
line based).   Run it without parameters to learn how to run it.

dmg

 Ippei UKAI twisted the bytes to say:

 Ippei> Hi,
 Ippei> Basically PTStitcher is not an open source software, and not
 Ippei> available on Mac OS X. An alternative opensource tool is under
 Ippei> development, but as far as I know, it isn't mature enough for
 Ippei> beginner users.

 Ippei> There must be a work around, but unfortunately I don't know about it
 Ippei> well.

 Ippei> By the way, I thought choosing PTStitcher engine was disabled on OSX.
 Ippei> Maybe for debugging, but should not be available for normal users. Do
 Ippei> any developers remember why this one was enabled again? If it's OK, I
 Ippei> want to make sure it cannot be selected unless user chooses a custom
 Ippei> executable.

 Ippei> Thanks,
 Ippei> Ippei

 Ippei> On 2006-08-12, at 00:01, Steve Schacht wrote:

 >> First, thanks for the clarification on the enblend integration.
 >> Now I have another issue.  (BTW, I'm somewhat of a newbie to Hugin,
 >> so if there are some docs that'll answer my questions, please point
 >> me to them.)
 >>
 >> I want to generate a layered Photoshop file as output.  Apparently
 >> PTStitcher is the only engine that can be used for that.  However,
 >> I get an error saying that PTStitcher.exe failed.  Well, I would
 >> hope so, as I'm using a Mac, and I thought EXE files were a Windows
 >> thing.  Can this be done or not?  If so, how?
 >>

 >> Thanks,
 >>
 >> ---
 >> Steve

 Ippei> --
   MSN & AIM: ippei_ukai at mac.com  (Skype: ippei_ukai)
   Homepage:  http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/

--
Daniel M. German                  "Compared to the real life,
                                   even the best on-line "virtual spaces"