[ptx] Wished feature

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed Aug 9 08:36:18 BST 2006

Daniel M. German schrieb:
> Here is a feature that I wished existed in hugin...
>
> Sometimes when I am working with 360 degrees panoramas I'd like to
> experiment by placing the center of the image in different places.
>
> Currently I need to select the corresponding image to be the center
> and set its yaw to zero, then optimize again.
>
> What I'd like is the ability to recenter the image without having to
> recompute the optimization, in a more interactive way.

Yep, that would be very useful. Actually, a way to rotate the whole panorama
by entering some yaw, roll and pitch angles would be very useful (and a bit
more powerful than just rotating by yaw). Haven't had time to figure out the
formulas to do this. Anyone interested? This could be also done
interactively in the preview.

PTGui has such a feature and it seems to be quite useful.