[ptx] Processing RAW files for use in hugin

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Aug 3 00:20:23 BST 2006

On Mon 31-Jul-2006 at 11:26 -0700, JD Smith wrote:

> I see you simply gamma-correct with gamma=2.2.  Most raw converters use
> specialized per-camera (e.g. from the manufacturer), or effect-oriented
> mapping curves, rather than a simple gamma correction.  Is this
> something you do after stitching at 16bit, by hand or by using custom
> mapping curves in the 16bit->8bit conversion?

My understanding is that stitching will be better with either linear
data or with a simple defined gamma curve (which this process gives
me).

I'm currently adjusting the levels by eye after stitching.  Ideally
I would calibrate the camera and use this curve for generating 8bit
images as a final step - Still haven't compiled lprof, so I'm not
there yet.

--
Bruno