[ptx] Problems to link /usr/lib32/libpng.so.2 for Panotools 32bit (crosspost: gmane.linux.debian.ports.amd64)

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sun Nov 6 19:51:18 GMT 2005

On my Gentoo amd64 machine I have PTStitcher working without using a chroot.
That is I can invoke it directly from my 64 bit version of Hugin.  I had to
install some 32 bit libraries by hand to get it working.  If Debian for amd64
has working 32 bit emulation libraries then the same basic thing should work.
Search the ptx archive and you will find more info on this as there were
several amd64 users that worked out how to get this to work.  So there is a
fairly good thread on what had to be done.  I know that some users of other
distros used the same basic stuff to get this working on their 64 bit
machines.

Hal