[ptx] Hugin for OS X problems

Denis Héraud denis at denisheraud.com
Thu Nov 3 21:44:36 GMT 2005

After having several issues stitching two images together, I'm now on
the right track! Last night I tried to stitch 12 images together into
a 360 degree panorama.

The issue I've got now is two-fold:

The first is that while stitching this panorama, Hugin, and my whole
system as well, becomes all but completely unresponsive. I can move
the mouse but hardly anything else. My processor is maxed-out. Is
this behavior normal? Also, I've noticed that the problem is
alleviated when I hide Hugin, but I'm thinking it is either slowing
down the progress of the stitching or stopping it altogether, can
anyone offer any insight on this?

Second is that I only have about 4GB of HD space free on this
computer, and when I got up this morning I had a system error message
telling me my hard disk was running out of space... Is this normal as
well?? I have to have 4GB free in order to stitch a panorama of this
size?! Of course when I tried to open the stitched images, the files
were corrupted, probably because Hugin did not have any space to
finish the job.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Denis Heraud

(Mac OS X 10.4.3, iBook G4 933mhz 640MB DDR SDRAM)