[ptx] Trouble locating libtif.so.3

Don Rozenberg rozen at mcn.org
Mon Jul 18 22:50:38 BST 2005

Hi,

I have just reinstalled my Debian system and very much like to use
hugin.  When I rebuilt hugin and attempted to run it, I got the message:

./hugin: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.3: cannot open

I installed libtiff4 version 3.7.2, which contains libtiff.so.4.  I then
searched the Debian site for libtiff.so.3. The only thing that I can
find is in libtiff3g which is in a package in old stable and is part of
tiff-3.5.5.  When I download, configure, and make tiff-3.5.5, no
libtiff.so.* is created.

I have  two questions:
1.  How can I get hugin to work with a newer version of libtiff?
2.  How do I create a libtiff.so.3 from tiff-3.5.5?

Thanks, in Advance

--
Don Rozenberg
707-882-3601