[ptx] Wrong HFOV calculations for vertical panos

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Jul 21 07:22:54 BST 2005

Hi,

Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think I may have found a bug in Hugin.  If I shoot a vertical panorama
> (rotating the images by 90 degrees and setting the Exif Orientation tag
> to 1 before running any panorama tools), autopano-sift and the optimizer
> in Hugin seem to work properly: the "Images" tab shows meaningful
> angles.  However, when I calculate the field of view in the stitching
> tab, it'll show way too wide HFOV angles.  The correct value would be
> around 40 degrees, but it'd show at least 100.

This is the panorama hfov, which should hopefully be bigger as the input
images hfov. What is the hfov of your input images, and how many do you
have?

> When it comes to usability, I think that it would be very nice to
> integrate Hugin, autopano-sift and Enblend into a single process
> via some library interfaces.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is going to happen soon. sounds like a lot of
work without a really big advantage, as one can already launch
autopano-sift from within hugin.