[ptx] Hugin crash: how to debug

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Jul 21 07:50:17 BST 2005

Aleksandr Milewski wrote:

> Other panos work just fine.
>
> This problem occurs with 0.5rc1, the 0602 snapshot, or something newer I
> built for Linux from CVS.
>
> If you open the project and attempt to calculate FOV, you'll get an
> unhandled exception dialog (Abort/Retry/Ignore) on Windows, and on
> Linux/amd64 (after a long pause) you get:
>
> ERROR: 16:04:11.136334 (../../src/include/common/utils.h:220)
> lexical_cast(): lexical cast error
> Aborted
>
> So, how do I collect more info for debugging purposes? "It doesn't"
> isn't much of a bug report.

I can reproduce the bug, and I'll look at it once I have time. However,
the bug only seems to appear for really strange values of the distortion
parameters a,b,c. For "normal" lenses, they should be in the range of
-0.2 .. 0.2 or so.

They are set them to 0.001 or so, everything works fine. You should not
try to optimize all parameters with just 4 or 3 corresponding points per
image file, like in the example you posted, this will lead to very
strange results.