[ptx] Hugin crash: how to debug

Aleksandr Milewski n6mod at milewski.org
Tue Jul 19 00:33:12 BST 2005

I got a note from my dad asking for help with Hugin. He has a panorama
that will consistently crash Hugin on his machine (P4/Windows) and mine
(Athlon64/Windows or Ubuntu amd64)

Other panos work just fine.

This problem occurs with 0.5rc1, the 0602 snapshot, or something newer I
built for Linux from CVS.

If you open the project and attempt to calculate FOV, you'll get an
unhandled exception dialog (Abort/Retry/Ignore) on Windows, and on
Linux/amd64 (after a long pause) you get:

ERROR: 16:04:11.136334 (../../src/include/common/utils.h:220)
lexical_cast(): lexical cast error
Aborted

So, how do I collect more info for debugging purposes? "It doesn't"
isn't much of a bug report.

The files, if you'd like to try them, are here:

http://www.rampage.net/PanoTest/

Thanks-
       -Zandr