[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Hal V Engel hvengel at astound.net
Tue Apr 26 20:46:04 BST 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 10:51 am, Brian Innes wrote:
> Paul Atreides wrote:

> I am using Hugin 0.5beta4, and libpano 2.7.0.9, both from Gentoo
> Portage, and autopano sift 2.3
>
> I may try compiling Hugin + libpano from cvs to see if this fixes anything.

I am running Hugin 0.5_beta4, autopano-sift and libpano12 2.7.0.9 also
installed using Portage using ebuilds found on bugs.gentoo.org.   The
optimizer is working just as I would expect it to.  The only things I had
problems with initially was getting autopano-sift installed since the ebuild
failed when it tried to build the mono byte code (appears to be an amd64
specific problem) and that I needed to specify the full paths to
autopano-sift and PTOptimizer in Hugin.  I even have PTStitcher working on my
amd64 machine.  So I don't think the cvs versions will fix the problem since
this does not appear to me to be a problem that is hugin 0.5 beta 4 and/or
libpano12 2.7.0.9 specific.  I am currently running the Gentoo 2005.0 profile
but I also had this working on the Gentoo 2004.3 profile before I upgrade to
2005.0.

There has to be something else going on with the interface between Hugin and
PTOptimizer and I suspect that it is a configuration problem or a permitions
problem of some sort.  But what specifically I don't know.   Perhaps someone
else has some ideas about how to trouble shoot this problem.