[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Brian Innes brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 20:31:28 BST 2005

Rob Park wrote:

>On 4/26/05, Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Using Rob Parks tutorial + images gives these results:
>>
>>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/BrianInnes/hugin-error.jpg
>>
>>The images are optimized, but in the wrong place.  I used Autopanosift
>>from the Hugin Gui.
>>

>Actually, assuming you haven't added the guidelines to the images as
>per my tutorial, this looks pretty much correct:
>
>http://artography.ath.cx/imgs/07-hugin-preview.jpg
>
>Though it looks like you added the images in the wrong order (well I'm
>not sure really, but in your screenshot it looks like the second image
>is behind the first and third images, where in my panorama, the third
>is in front of the second, which is in front of the first (counting
>from the right)).

I have the images in this order:

0   img_1016.jpg
1   img_1017.jpg
2   img_1018.jpg
3   img_1019.jpg

I then ran autopano from the Hugin gui.

I have also tried this with hugin compiled from CVS along with
PTOptimizer from cvs.

Even running autopano sift on it's own, then loading the output from
autopano into hugin gives the same results.

Quite a strange puzzle!

--
Brian