[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Brian Innes brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 22:34:42 BST 2005

Rob Park wrote:

>On 4/24/05, Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>However it seems that Hugin is not optimizing the image, I can find all
>>the control points from hugin using autopano sift gui, however when I
>>come to optimizing, the optimizing window comes up and immediately
>>finishes with results of 0.000000 for average control point distance,
>>standard deviation and maximum.
>>

>I haven't had this problem in a long time... Bruno explained it to me,
>and as I recall, you're basically missing PTOptimizer, I think, which
>means you've installed pano12 incorrectly (I think?).
>
>It's possible there's an error in my installation instructions, but
>I'm not quite sure what is missing as optimization works just fine for
>me.
>
>My instructions would have installed PTOptimizer into /usr/local/bin,
>check that you have it. I'm not sure if hugin will need a recompile to
>tell it where PTOptimizer is, or if just putting it anywhere in your
>$PATH will fix the problem.

PTOptimizer does exist in /usr/local/bin, I have done a recent compile
and make install and the time stamp of PTOptimizer matches the make
install time.  Running PTOptimizer manually gives seg fault...

However I have had a bit of a eureka moment, remembering something on
the mailing list about PTOptimzer and AMD64, I have disabled -O2
compiler flag in makefile for PTOptimizer.
So I have recompiled PTOptimizer, and installed it using make install,
however the hugin Optimizing results are still 0.000000

Any ideas?

regards

--
Brian