[ptx] Hugin not "optimizing"

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:19:29 BST 2005

On 4/24/05, Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> However it seems that Hugin is not optimizing the image, I can find all
> the control points from hugin using autopano sift gui, however when I
> come to optimizing, the optimizing window comes up and immediately
> finishes with results of 0.000000 for average control point distance,
> standard deviation and maximum.

I haven't had this problem in a long time... Bruno explained it to me,
and as I recall, you're basically missing PTOptimizer, I think, which
means you've installed pano12 incorrectly (I think?).

It's possible there's an error in my installation instructions, but
I'm not quite sure what is missing as optimization works just fine for
me.

My instructions would have installed PTOptimizer into /usr/local/bin,
check that you have it. I'm not sure if hugin will need a recompile to
tell it where PTOptimizer is, or if just putting it anywhere in your
$PATH will fix the problem.

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx