[ptx] New, easier Hugin installer

Marek Januszewski spec at webtech.pl
Sat Apr 23 11:27:53 BST 2005

douglas wilkins napisał(a):

>>I thought that there must be an easier way.
>>
>>All of the tools are freely downloadable, so I have
>>made an installer
>>that includes them all.  It sets up the registry
>>settings correctly,
>>assigning the .pto and .oto file extensions to the
>>correct applications,

I think file associations are being set correctly by current installer

>>as well as the settings required for hugin to find
>>all of its backend
>>applications.  It puts pano12.dll in the correct
>>system folder.

that's also stuff that can be done in current installer - there's really
no need to switch to innosetup
Personally I would like the pano12.dll to be in the same folder as hugin
(%PROGRAMFILES%\hugin) rather than system folder. Some people don't use
it for other stuiff, other people may need different
versions/compilations of pano12.dll, so I guess system folder wouldn't
be suitable place to store all of the versions. But that's me personally

>>Anyway, comments/criticisms/bug reports are welcome.
>>

>The nsi file that we use (utils/hugin.nsi) has the
>same functionality (Uncomment the HUGIN_ALLINONE
>definition) but if I remember correctly, the reasons
>we didn't do this by default were:
>1. Issues with licensing and patents (The SIFT
>algorithm specifically)
>2. We wanted to get permissions from all the relevant
>authors first.

also there's no source to original ptoptimizer and ptstitcher, so those
binaries are not allowed in sourceforge
one of them was reconstructed by panotools.sf.net team
There was a fairly extensive discussion on the issue within last 30 days
on this list.

>> Download from here:
>>

>http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/setup-Hugin-0.5beta3.exe

since criticism is welcome why not beta 4? sources are there already
could as well be latest cvs since developers are in bug killing only stage

>>The source file, created in InnoSetup 5.0.8 is
>>available from here:
>>
>>http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/hugin.iss
>>
>>A zipfile of the complete tree that I used to create
>>the installer is here:
>>

>http://users.on.net/~rwh/hugin/installer/hugin_installer.zip
>

>>InnoSetup is Free software, and is available from
>>here:
>>
>>http://www.jrsoftware.org/
>>

>The reason we choose nullsoft rather than Innosetup
>was based in part on the fact that the nullsoft
>installer was OSI certified, but mainly because we had
>experience with it on other projects.

innosetup should also be osi certified(?).
When I posted the original installer script I based it on installer and
fresh experience with other project, it seems to work fine and it stayed
that way.

--
Best regards,
Marek