[ptx] Compile Hugin on Ubuntu : Error on compiling libpano

Paul Atreides paul.atreides at chti.net
Fri Apr 22 11:35:05 BST 2005

Rob Park a écrit :

> Bruno Postle wrote:
>
>> This is the gnu gcj version of java.  This is ok, you only need the
>> java header files to compile libpano12.
>

> Yeah, I compiled it with gcj just fine, it says to use gcj in my
> tutorial.
>
>> I'm not sure about
>> debian/ubuntu, but on fedora they are part of a separate package
>> called libgcj-devel.
>>
>> Try `apt-cache search gcj` to get a list of possible deb packages.
>

> I'm not sure what packages he's missing, but this output is the same
> on both my system and Paul's:
>
> # dpkg -l|egrep -i gcj\|gij\|java\|jar
> ii  fastjar        4.0-0pre6ubunt Jar creation utility
> ii  gcj-3.4        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 The GNU compiler for Java(TM)
> ii  gij-3.4        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 The GNU Java bytecode interpreter
> ii  java-common    0.22           Base of all Java packages
> ii  libgcj-common  4.0-0pre6ubunt Java runtime library (common files)
> ii  libgcj5        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java runtime library for use with gcj
> ii  libgcj5-awt    3.4.3-9ubuntu4 AWT peer runtime libraries for use
> with gcj
> ii  libgcj5-common 3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java runtime library for use with
> gcj (jar f
> ii  libgcj5-dev    3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java development headers and static
> library

Here is the result of the grep command on my Ubuntun 5.04 :

jp at ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -l|egrep -i gcj\|gij\|java\|jar
Password:
ii  fastjar        4.0-0pre6ubunt Jar creation utility
ii  gcj-3.4        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 The GNU compiler for Java(TM)
ii  gij-3.4        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 The GNU Java bytecode interpreter
ii  java-common    0.22           Base of all Java packages
ii  libgcj-common  4.0-0pre6ubunt Java runtime library (common files)
ii  libgcj5        3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java runtime library for use with gcj
ii  libgcj5-awt    3.4.3-9ubuntu4 AWT peer runtime libraries for use
with gcj
ii  libgcj5-common 3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java runtime library for use with gcj
(jar f
ii  libgcj5-dev    3.4.3-9ubuntu4 Java development headers and static
library
ii  libsmjs1       1.5rc6a-1      The Mozilla SpiderMonkey JavaScript
library

There is a lot of Java in it, and a little cute gcj !... but perhaps
somewhat is missing ? the compiling process fails always with the Java
error...

a --without-java parameter is perhaps the solution for the moment ?

Paul Atreides