[ptx] hugin segfault with beta4

Emmanuel emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Wed Apr 20 22:37:42 BST 2005

Hi,

I've recently try to install hugin which is the beta 4 (now in contrib rpm
depository). And every time hugin starts it does segfault.
It displays a splash screen (~1 sec)
and one second later it segfault.

It also write Panorama obj created in the terminal from wich hugin is
launched.
The maintainer of the package doesn't have the segfault on his installation!

I try to compile it again my self.
Compilation went fine but then segfault happens again...
I compiled it with gcc 3.4 may be it could be the same  problem that
Rob Park mentionned in is ubuntu tutorial.
So I tried to compile with gcc 3.3.4
To compile with a different gcc, I've tried to set CC CXX like this
echo $CC $CXX
/usr/bin/gcc-3.3.4 /usr/bin/g++-3.3.4
but the ./configure gives :
 CC             = gcc
CXX            = g++
so I don't know the clean way to compile hugin with the non-default g++ (I
wouldn't like to have to uninstall gcc-3.4...). Any help welcome ?
Anyway gcc is maybe not the problem?

By the way cvs has not been updated after beta4 (Itried to update and it does
not update anything)

Kindly,
Emmanuel