[ptx] Re: wxwidgets 2.5? SOLVED

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:27:15 BST 2005

On 4/18/05, Rob Park <rbpark at gmail.com> wrote:
> $ ./src/hugin/hugin
> Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
> The library used 2.5.3 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 102,wx
> containers,compatible with 2.4),
> and your program used 2.5.3 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI
> 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4).
> Aborted

This problem is caused by compiling hugin with gcc/g++ 3.4, and is
solved by recompiling with gcc/g++ 3.3. That was a tough one to figure
out, googling for the error only gave 1 hit, with no solution. I think
I ended up searching for "102 1002 wxwidgets" (sans quotes) before I
found some vague description of the problem and some vague solution
before I realized how to fix it.

Thankfully this list is archived publicly, hopefully google picks up
on it in case anybody else runs into this problem.

So I now have a working hugin on gtk2! Hopefully over the next couple
days I'll find some time to assemble a full compilation/installation
tutorial and put it on my site, not to mention update the existing
tutorial with screenshots of the all-new GUIs ;)

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx