[ptx] New hugin tutorial - Stitching flat scanned images

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:15:02 BST 2005

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Postle wrote:

> Actually autopano-sift found lots of control points, but many of
> them were near the edge of the scan where the image was distorted.
> It would be better to pick just two very well placed manual control
> points.

This is most likely a result of having the "area filtration" enabled.
If the area filter is enabled, the area covered by the control points is
maximized (actually, the area of the convex hull of all points is) while
knocking off control points to the maximum number specified.

This is useful for most images, as a larger covered image region can
lead to better optimization.

In your case, I recommend disabling the area filter and only using the
RANSAC filter.

good luck,
Sebastian