[ptx] New hugin tutorial - Stitching flat scanned images

Marek Januszewski spec at webtech.pl
Fri Apr 1 02:48:06 BST 2005

Ok I had some time to check it out.

Some things that I don't get:
1) Why does it say to optimize v separately for every image except the
first one (leaving it at 40 degrees - that's actually a different
question, why leave out the first one)?
2) I don't see y and p optimized at for any image - how will the images
align?
3) If the pictures were not exactly straight (like scans of map) I would
setup a horizontal line - for example two points on the same line of map
  to make it straight - the tutorial doesn't mention that
4) why wasn't autopano used in this example? (it found just couple of
points for me which is strange, but theoretically should find more
points on flat image right?)

additionally panorama preview changes field of view in stitcher tab (in
tutorial 90 and 90), when I click center or fit buttons in preview
window (I'm not sure if this is a bug?

I'm using 0.5 beta 3

--
thanks,