[ptx] autopano-sift 1.6 released: control-point coverage improved, bug fixes

Pablo dAngelo Pablo.dAngelo at web.de
Thu Sep 16 09:34:54 BST 2004

Hi all!

Chris Cothrun <mutagen at gmail.com> schrieb am 16.09.04 09:47:22:

> I've got autopano-sift 1.6 mostly built on Windows with Microsoft's
> .NET compiler. The GUI still has issues but the command line utilities
> seem to work with Ian Sydenham's drag and drop script. I've uploaded
> binaries to http://cothrun.com/windows-1.6-bin.zip, please test and if
> they work Sebastian should probably add them to his page.

I just tried to use the binaries provided by Sebastian on windows, using the microsoft
CLR. (I have some version of Microsoft .Net Framework SDK 1.1 installed).

That is without any recompilation with the Microsoft .NET compiler, and it worked.
Looks like the mono compiled bytecode works with the microsoft virtual machine.

After downloading and installing gtk-sharp from http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?gtks-inst4win,
version v1.0.89.2, the command line utils seem to work for me.

to use it standalone I did the following:
1. Then I copied src/contrib/*.vbs to bin
2. drag some images onto bin/win-autopano-sift.vbs

running from inside hugin didn't work ... :(

this produced a usable .pto file. And it was quite fast. (I think at least twice as fast as mono on linux, but is ist just a guess..)