[ptx] Problems with autopano-sift 1.6 on mono-1.0.1 on win32

nerochiaro nerochiaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 16:17:16 BST 2004

I am trying get autopano-sift 1.6 to work on mono-1.0.1 on win32.
After messing around for a while i finally managed to build
everything, and apart of the autopanog GUI the rest seems to work
fine.

The only problem i have is with the generatekeys utility.
If I pass a downscale resolution below 640, it seems to run normally,
without problems. Leaving out the minDim parameter or setting it above
640 makes it run extremely slowly and it starts eating huge amounts of
memory and crashing the mono runtime because of that (the image i used
was 1600x1200).

Is that an expected behaviour (i have seen some remarks to this effect
on the author's site) ?
I'm not very used to autopano-sift, but this seems quite strange to me...