[ptx] hugin and enblend?

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Wed Sep 1 05:34:10 BST 2004

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Rik Littlefield wrote:
>

>>Yes, the optimizer is in sourceforge cvs.  No, fast stitching is not yet
>>in that cvs.
>>

>Are you sure? I've used the sourceforge cvs to do my amd benchmarks lately,
>at it seemed to contain it (not sure which version though), see:
>
>http://panotools.sourceforge.net/docs/changelog/libpano/Changelog

Oops, you're right!  I should have checked the Changelog before typing.
Based on the Changelog comments and what else I know about the codes, it
looks like the cvs version of fast stitching should be up-to-date except
for a glitch related to panoinfo reporting of options, found only with
some compilers and build options.

>However, the sourceforge site doesn't contain any binary, or link to
>binaries, so its probably unuseable to use for the average windows user.
>
>Maybe a link to Jim Watters site (with windows binaries)
>and the linux binaries build by Bruno Postle would be quite useful, I think.

I agree, such links should appear on the sourceforge page.  Hosting
binaries there would save Jim and Bruno some bandwidth, too.  I will
talk with Jim about it.

--Rik