[ptx] Crash on optimise

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sat Oct 16 10:42:37 BST 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Rik Littlefield wrote:

> Mike & Pablo,
>
> I don't know what's going on, but it seems to be associated with
> building pano12.dll using Microsoft Visual C.

Hmm, the pairwise optimisation code incrementally optimizes the panorama
starting from one image, including a neighbour reoptimize, include next
neighbour etc. This was very useful before your optimisation improvements.

However, do to so I needed some internal functions, and had to create my own
version of fcnPano(), that doesn't output to the terminal on linux, so that
it could be integrated into the GUI. So I needed some internal functions,
like distSquared, pt_getXY,  distLine that are not accessible outside of
pano12.dll. Something broke there with the MSVC build.

But I guess, the real fix would be to add such a mode to pano12.dll itself,
if it is still needed.

> Anyway, I posted the pano12.dll 2.7.0.7 mingw build at
> http://www.janrik.net/ptools/index.html .

Thanks! I have linked that from the hugin download site. Is that ok?