[ptx] Crash on optimise

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Fri Oct 15 14:17:05 BST 2004

Hmm,
I already answered on this, but my mail seems to be lost?!

>> I have a failsafe method of generating a crash everytime I run Hugin :)
>> Using: hugin_2004_09_15-01_30_win32.zip
>> And just try to get through the optimisation with pairwise: I get
>> assertion failures each time.

This depends on the pano12.dll you have in use. On my wxp installation
hugin crashes while doing pairwise optimisation with the the current
pano12.dll of Fulvio Senore or with the current one from sourceforge.

An older one from the Max Lyons site runs without problems!

I tested it against handpicked projects and ones generated by
autopano-sift (1.6/1.7) with same results.

>As far as the EXIF Info is concerned, the camera info gives a focal
>length of 7.1 mm but does not have a crop factor so hugin does the
>following:
>ERROR: 17:57:35.534655 (PanoramaMemento.cpp:157) readEXIF(): EXIF does
>not contain sensor width, assuming 36 x 24 mm film
>(hence the 130-degrees)
>PTLens database shows 3.933 as the crop factor to use (equivalent focal
>length ~28mm). By the way, at the wide angle you are using, it might be
>worth running the photos through PTLens first to correct the
>distortions, or use a = 0.013182 and  b = -0.036019.

Some camera model do not include the sensor size in the exif data (so do
some Pentax) and therefore the cropfactor will not be calculated in
hugin. Use cropfactor 1 and filmsize focallength (KB) or use the
cropfactor from PTLens.
Hugin should be able to save the lens values and read them in from an
external file. Never tried that, but at least the buttons are there ;-)

best, mike