[ptx] Stitching scanned, "flat" images

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Tue Oct 5 13:41:43 BST 2004

ptx-bounces at email-lists.org wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 20:20, Mike Runge wrote:
>
>>Did you tried a simple trick like defining a very large focal length?
>

> Good point, will have to experiment with this a bit...
>

>>As far as I have seen splitted maps like you may have in mind, they
>>don't have any overlap. Maybe defining controlpoints at the very edge
>>for a first result and than correcting yaw and pitch manually works?!
>

> I do have overlap. The problem is that my map is say A0, but my scanner
> is only A4. So I have to "chop" the map, but I'd prefer it
> non-destructively...

By far the easiest way to do this is to use Panavue's Image Assembler!

I bought this program specifically because I needed to stitch huge naval
charts after scanning them in in small (A4+) pieces.

Afterwards I discovered that it could also make panos, but that is
something which is don't use anymore, since PT & friends is so much
better. :-)

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>