[ptx] Stitching scanned, "flat" images

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Oct 5 13:36:52 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 20:20, Mike Runge wrote:
> Did you tried a simple trick like defining a very large focal length?

Good point, will have to experiment with this a bit...

> As far as I have seen splitted maps like you may have in mind, they
> don't have any overlap. Maybe defining controlpoints at the very edge
> for a first result and than correcting yaw and pitch manually works?!

I do have overlap. The problem is that my map is say A0, but my scanner
is only A4. So I have to "chop" the map, but I'd prefer it
non-destructively...

> Hmm,
> sounds not really handy. Maybe simple PS or gimp or ImageMagick (convert)
> would be better solution?!
As I scan several blocks all across the map, overlaps and roll are
varying, so I have to rotate every part manually & position it in a
large picture. This is a bit too much for my 512MB P3, 1900MHz, it works
mainly from swap rather than out of RAM ;)

Tnx,
HaJo

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>