[ptx] autopano-sift 1.2, libsift 1.0 released

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue May 4 16:48:28 BST 2004

Hi panorama enthusiasts :)

I am pleased to announce a new release of my small autopano package:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/
and http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/libsift/

I decided to split the package into a reusable library and a small set of
utilities. It now even has a cute GTK GUI. But the most important changes are
to the underlying SIFT implementation, which has improved in both the quality
and speed of results (it now is full 3 dimension sift and I fixed some bugs and
improved the default threshholds using some statistic results :). I encourage
anyone to try it out :)

The sources are available to hack, as always :)

bye,
Sebastian

PS: Debian/sid now has mono and gtk-sharp as packages, so its really easy to
get it to work on Debian.

--
nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de --- http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/