[ptx] HUGIN/Autopano/Enblend/suggestions

Rafal Podeszwa poszwa at tiger.chem.uw.edu.pl
Tue Mar 30 18:22:06 BST 2004

On Mon Mar 15 08:43:01 GMT 2004, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> I've understood that Hugin already makes use of some Exif information in
> images taken with a digital camera.  Why not make use of the Orientation
> tag as well?  Some cameras initialize this field automatically with the
> help of a tilt sensor

I have a camera that sets "rotate 90" or "rotate 270" in EXIF data and I
use a very simple script for rotating all the files automatically.

#!/bin/bash
for i in *.jpg; do
  cp -a $i out
  res=`jhead $i |grep rotate`
  if [ -n "$res" ]; then
    res=`echo $res|awk '{print "-" $3,$4}'`
    jhead -cmd "jpegtran $res &i >&o" out/$i
  fi
done

It copies normal files without changes and rotates images with rotate tag
via jpegtrans. It's not perfect (it doesn't clear the tag after rotating)
but it works for me.

Regards,

Rafal

P.S I've just started playing with Hugin and I think it's already quite
powerfull.