[ptx] Feature Request for hugin

Lars Schimmer schimmer at cg.cs.tu-bs.de
Mon Mar 29 01:17:31 BST 2004

Hi!

First: Hugin 0.4pre is nicely stable on debian (self compiled, there´s
no package :-| ).
But I would like to see a feature in one of the enxt versions:
In the window where you set the points, I would like to have a small
window (like preview) in which the source-images are displayed in small
preview with the numbers they have in the tabs of the point-window.
Then I would like to move this previews in this small window to arrange
the source image to a rough overview-panorama and it would be nice if
hugin would recognize me the combinations of the source-images in which
I have to select the stich-points out of this small arrange-window.

That´s because today I tried to stich one panorama together from likely
7 pictures I took  a few days ago of a building:

1   3
   4 5
6 7 8

Would be the matrix of the pictures taken from the building.
But the pictures were not in the right order in the "add picture" tab
and so I was kinda lost in the tab where to set the points and which
picture I should combine with which other one.
After all I tried to set points in EVERY possible connection, at least
picture 4 had points to every other one, nr. 7 to 6 and 8 and 4 and 5,..
and so on. I think i had >200 points defined.
There I saved the project and saw the preview. It was catastrophic. the
whole scene was round, between 1 and 4 was some sky,.. At that point i
refused to work on and wait a day. In a few hour I try again, it should
be possible to stich such a panorama with hugin&panorma-tools, OR?

Cya
Lars Schimmer