[ptx] flat mosaics

Ute und Karsten Kiessling UteKarsten.Kiessling at t-online.de
Sat Mar 27 16:49:38 GMT 2004

Hello Pablo,

I often need flat mosaics in exact parallel perspective. As you certainly
know this is not possible in Panotools. Here you can only choose a
very small angle of approximately 1 degree for the angle of view and
then optimize either view, roll, d, e or view, yaw, pitch, roll for every
dependent image. This is discribed by Helmut Dersch for a MF-Scan.
But for long facades mosaics this isn't correct enough.

It is possible do overcome this in HUGIN with an optimize of d, e, roll
and a scale factor?

Best regards

Karsten

BTW: In HUGIN seems it, that the v is limited to 1 degree. When I try
to optimize values under this limit I get the warning:

Optimizing

Optimizer run finished.
WARNING: a very small Field of View (v) has been estimated.

The results are probably invalid. ...

and can not apply the results. In the stitcher window the field of view
accepts only integer values.