[ptx] HUGIN/Autopano/Enblend/suggestions

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Mon Mar 15 10:18:46 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:58:34AM +0100, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> > I set the orientation in the camera (Canon Digital Ixus 300), as I think
> > it's much easier there than on a computer user interface.
>
> Hmm, I browse/sort my images with gqview, and press a key to rotate the
> images with jpegtran. quite fast, and browsing them once is needed anyway to
> judge the quality.

Maybe I've been using the wrong programs, but it takes about one second to
open a full-sized image on my computer.  So, I prefer to rotate and optimize
the images in one batch.  For judging the quality, I make 1/4th size
thumbnails with another batch run.  Then I run a image viewer on the
thumbnails next to a text editor.  In the text editor, I edit a control file
for jpegcom, for renaming or copying the selected images, and for writing
image comments.  Usually I don't need to look at the full-size images to
see which ones are bad.

> > Sorry, I don't understand your point.
>
> If I just rotate the view inside hugin, PTOptimizer will estimate roll=90
> for usual images, if I feed the coordinates, like they are in the image
> (for example, swap x,y, when invoking PTOptimizer)

Okay, so it is just a limitation of an external program.  Another motivation
for integrating all algorithms in a single executable.

	Marko