[ptx] Enblend Multiresolution Spline Blender

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 11 21:27:19 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> While I haven't looked at the algo in detail, it mainly seems to do two
> loops over the whole image. should be pretty fast.

I looked at the source too - the theory of the algorithm is not documented
but it looks similar to what I had in mind. Another thing I wanted to play
with is weighted nearest feature - where I can assign a weight to
stitching discrepancies in the overlap region and have the transition line
try to avoid those locations. I'm going to replace the thinning algorithm
in enblend to start - it's too slow to do the experimentation I want to do
(on what happens near the edges of the images in the laplacian pyramids)
efficiently. Then I'm going to look at memory usage problems.

> Ok. I'll start to write a faster mask creation algorithm and integrate that
> into nona.

Ok. Let me know what I can do to help make the enblend code portable into
hugin.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal