[ptx] Enblend Multiresolution Spline Blender

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 9 20:49:58 GMT 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> Mine either. However, during stitching, nona calculates the distance (in
> original pixel units, before remapping) from the image center for each point
> in the panorama (for all images). I think it should be easy to use this to
> create the needed mask

I'm not convinced that it is enough to only know the distance to the
center of each image. This will cause you to pick a seam line which is
equidistant from the centers of two images. This is a straight line. For
irregular overlaps, this is not a good line. I think you need to know the
distance to the nearest image edge. Vigra has a distance transform - also
the Rosenfeld-Pfaltz method. I'll look into this some more.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal
mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu