[ptx] Enblend Multiresolution Spline Blender

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 7 22:24:30 GMT 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> It might also be worthwile to calculate the seaming lines with the image in
> mind. I thought about using a search for a seamline with minimum cost on a
> cost image formed by the overlaps. (it could be the a simple difference
> between the overlaping parts (of the greylevel, maybe the hue channel)
> , the correlation of small patches).

Also there is a paper from Microsoft Research on eliminating ghosting with
a heuristic that chooses which image to take data from in regions where
there is a big difference between overlapping images.

It's "Eliminating Ghosting and Exposure Artifacts in Image Mosaics" by
Uyttendaele, Eden, and Szeliski. I don't have a link, sorry.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal
mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu