[ptx] Enblend Multiresolution Spline Blender

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 7 21:44:22 GMT 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:

> PS: one small issue I have with enblend is at the merging border (180/-180
> degrees), where no blending happens. This might be intentional or a result of
> how your algorithm works. How to deal with it? (It's only an issue when a
> viewing software is used)

I hadn't considered this case - I've never used viewing software. Maybe
you could add another copy of the first image after the last image, so
that the panorama is more than 360 degrees. Then the picture on the very
end would have something to blend against. Then crop it back to exactly
360 degrees for the viewer program.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal