[ptx] Enblend Multiresolution Spline Blender

Andrew C Mihal mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 6 20:51:07 GMT 2004

Hi,
    I'm announcing the first release of my multiresolution spline blender.

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal/enblend/

After using Hugin to stitch together your panoramas, often there are still
photometric differences between images that lead to ugly seams in the
result. Enblend blends away these seams using a multiresolution spline.

I mentioned this technique on this list last week. Enblend improves on the
old pyrmask program in four ways:

 - Automatic mask calculation.
 - Proper handling of the alpha channel.
 - Direct support for TIFF files produced by Hugin.
 - Pre-assembly of non-overlapping images before blending.

Check it out. There are some demonstration images on the web page above.

Andrew

Andrew Mihal
www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~mihal
mihal at eecs.berkeley.edu