[ptx] Few Ghost in final image, how to fix ?

Claudio Soprano Claudio.Soprano at lnf.infn.it
Mon Jun 28 07:45:46 BST 2004

Hi morten

Morten A. Steien wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:50:16 +0200, <ptx-bounces at email-lists.org> wrote:
>

>> ok try to explain better, my problem is not where they are splitted,
>> but how they are merged together
>>
>> in the splitted zones, i will try to explain in different way
>>
>> suppose 2 images
>>
>> image 1
>>
>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbb     (where a and b are pixels)
>>
>> and
>>
>> image 2
>> bbbbbbbbbbbbcccccccccccccc       (where b and c are pixels)
>>
>> now we have the stiched image
>>
>> aaaaaaabbbbbbbcccccccccc
>>
>>            --           --
>>
>> the problem i have is in the transitions between last a and first b
>> and the last b and first c
>>
>> imagine now that a,b and c are waves of water in a panorama beach
>>
>> that i have is
>>
>> a mid wave (type a) a mid wave (type b) a mid wave (type c)
>>
>> that i would like to have is to extend this in another way
>>
>> aaa(a+b)bbb(b+c)ccc
>>
>> where the stuffs in ( )  would be a merge between the 2 common zones
>> of image 1-2-3
>>
>> if i merge 2 waves of water i got a wave that is similar to a close
>> to a pixels and similar to b close to b pixels
>>
>> and possibly i would like to choose how big is this merge so i can
>> choose more part of a wave or another
>>
>> hope i explained good my problem
>>
>> if u want i can post images about my problem and how panorama factory
>> fix it while panorama tools/hugin/ptgui fails
>>
>> thanks again
>>
>> Claudio Soprano
>

> It's probably me that need to explain better. :-)

no no, u explained very good

> When you use multiple TIFF output, the warped version of every original
> image is left on the disk. When you have merged these to one picture
> using
> Enblend you can use these warped originals to paste in to your finished
> image. In this way you can select fx the whole wave from image A and
> paste
> it into the finished image so it replaces the part left there from
> image B.
> In this way you can fix all the problem spots where Enblend could not
> find
> a proper place to put the seam.

the only problem i find in this kind of solution is always the
transition between images, yes i can take the 1st wave from the left image

and take the 2nd wave from second images (u right in this) but what if
more waves are in the same images ? and the transition from a wave

to another one ? sometimes (i can tell always) is not so easy cut/paste
waves (i have lot of panoramas of beaches, they are my pref)

i will try to post some shoot on the web so maybe i will be more clear
on the points i described below.

I think the best solution is a merge of the common zones between waves,
in this way the transitions is soft.

Anyway i think words can't explain it very good, or maybe i'm not so
good with Photo programs (that maybe is true :) )