[ptx] Few Ghost in final image, how to fix ?

Morten A. Steien morten.steien at hydro.com
Fri Jun 25 22:43:58 BST 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:50:16 +0200, <ptx-bounces at email-lists.org> wrote:

> ok try to explain better, my problem is not where they are splitted, but
> how they are merged together
>
> in the splitted zones, i will try to explain in different way
>
> suppose 2 images
>
> image 1
>
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbb     (where a and b are pixels)
>
> and
>
> image 2
> bbbbbbbbbbbbcccccccccccccc       (where b and c are pixels)
>
> now we have the stiched image
>
> aaaaaaabbbbbbbcccccccccc
>
>            --           --
>
> the problem i have is in the transitions between last a and first b
> and the last b and first c
>
> imagine now that a,b and c are waves of water in a panorama beach
>
> that i have is
>
> a mid wave (type a) a mid wave (type b) a mid wave (type c)
>
> that i would like to have is to extend this in another way
>
> aaa(a+b)bbb(b+c)ccc
>
> where the stuffs in ( )  would be a merge between the 2 common zones of
> image 1-2-3
>
> if i merge 2 waves of water i got a wave that is similar to a close to a
> pixels and similar to b close to b pixels
>
> and possibly i would like to choose how big is this merge so i can
> choose more part of a wave or another
>
> hope i explained good my problem
>
> if u want i can post images about my problem and how panorama factory
> fix it while panorama tools/hugin/ptgui fails
>
> thanks again
>
> Claudio Soprano

It's probably me that need to explain better. :-)
When you use multiple TIFF output, the warped version of every original
image is left on the disk. When you have merged these to one picture using
Enblend you can use these warped originals to paste in to your finished
image. In this way you can select fx the whole wave from image A and paste
it into the finished image so it replaces the part left there from image B.
In this way you can fix all the problem spots where Enblend could not find
a proper place to put the seam.

--
Best Regards,
Morten A. Steien