[ptx] Hugin: strange result after (trying to) make a panorama

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Sat Jun 26 19:07:21 BST 2004

Le samedi 26 Juin 2004 12:38, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) a écrit :
> Hi Claudio,
>
> Le 25.06.2004 19:32:06, Claudio Soprano a écrit :
> > Hi Jean,
> >
> > Important thing, is to use the optimizer.
> >
> > What i do is
>
> I'm trying to follow this workflow.
>
> > 1) Creation of control points, usually i use autopano to do it , so
> > it found lot of them
>
> Ok, I managed to do that with "autopano_old", I suppose it is suitable
> for the job. Anyway, I got a lot of matching points.
>
> > 2) Run hugin and load the project, set an anchor image,  set an
> > horizon (with control points) and do a simple pairwise optimize
>
> Done it ...
>
> > 2b) Do Preview to remove black borders and center the panorama
>
> Does the preview modify the final result ?

if your panorama is big, if there are some black borders, it will result in a
bigger result and you will have tocut them anyway (it will also take more
time to stitch...I think)

> > 3) check for distances, and fix or remove (the really bad ones)
> > control point long distance
>
> Done it too. But I've some points with log distance (about 75 to 100)
> which are visually good. And probably necessary because without this
> point, I have nothing in some areas.

If you want you can put your photos, I will try to stitch them to see if it
works with me and if yes then will what we did different...